The NKSC Development Academy Program was created as the primary development arm of NKSC, targeting players in the “golden years of learning” of U6 – U7. Visit our registration page to determine age group.
No prior soccer skills are needed to participate in academy level programs. We encourage players at all levels in these age groups to join. Overall, the NKSC Academy programs are built upon USSF Best Practices and incorporate age-appropriate methods and outcomes that use the following principles:
- Soccer training should, first and foremost, be fun.
- Learning soccer should be a positive experience for all players
- Soccer training must be tailored to the capabilities of the age group
- Individual skill development is critical to the development of soccer players and should be emphasized over team skills
- The game is the best teacher and small-sided games are the best
- Players should be free and encouraged to take chances and experiment
- Too much competition and overly structured play at an early age leads to player burnout and dropping out of soccer
- The parents who volunteer to coach are the future of the Club
- The Academy is designed to provide a foundation for both coaches and players
Fall Development Academy Session for U6 to U7
Registration is now open for Fall Development Academy for U6 – U7.
- Held at Vinland Elementary, Poulsbo on modified/micro fields with small goals. Location subject to change.
- Dates and times TBD. The season will begin in mid August and last until October. No Saturday games for this age group.
- Two sessions a week, one for age appropriate training sessions on specific skill sets and the other for scrimmages.
- Teams of 6 to 8 players, depending on player age and size
- -No goalie/keeper so that all players are active on the field
- – Registration cost is $130. Cost includes a uniform t-shirt.
Would you like to coach at the Academy level, help with opening or closing day, or help line fields during the season? We are always looking for volunteers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org today to help!
Looking for something for your older children with more developed skills? Check out our Modified Field Programs.